Tula Brochure

Thanks for this posting Harrie! It’s strange how some of these brochures printed in English have a weak attempt at proper translation. Like the terms: “with a view to kill the manpower and war material”, or “cartridge with steel core bullet is designed for pistolry”. I sometimes see the same thing from Chinese translated brochures.

WHY NO 7.62X25 TOKAREV?!?!?!?!?!?

Sorry jonnyc it was not in the Brochure!!

because it was finally dropped out of production in USSR back in 1986, and the Tula cartridge works factory dropped it from its product line even before that date.

The latest known Russian/Soviet date is actually 1988. I do keep hoping they’ll restart production for me.

What is that revolver tha appears to take 5 rounds of 9x18 makarov in a full moon clip?

Jonny, just place an order for a few million rds and you will get them freshly made. Even with a custom headstamp.
:-)

Hans

Don’t think I haven’t thought about it!

There were several attempts to make 5- and 6-round revolvers for 9mak ammo, all in the city of Tula
The 6-round revolver (the one that was made in some numbers) can be seen there: world.guns.ru/handguns/hg220-e.htm
The 5-round revolver is shown here: world.guns.ru/handguns/hg223-e.htm

I am familiar with the 7.62, 5.45, and pistol 9mm listed in the brochure. But, what weapons are using the 9mm X 55…56 listed in the catalgoue? It looks like some kind of assault rifle.

George, it is the same cartridge that is being discussed here: http://iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8450

DKConfiguration, thanks your for the reply. I found what shoots the 9x39mm cartridge, the 9mm VSK-94 Sniper Rifle. That is the weapon that is pictured in grey tone on the brochure page for the ammunition.

actually, there’s quite a number of Russian guns firing 9x39 ammo, let’s see:
AS “Val” silenced assault rifle
OTs-14 modular assault rifle
9A-91 compact assault rifle
SR-3 compact assault rifle
OTs-11 Tiss compact assault rifle
AK-9 Tiss compact assault rifle

VSS silenced sniper rifle
VSK-94 silenced sniper rifle

Thank you for the list. I did not know these rifles existed. ?Are all the 9x39mm rounds subsonic so that they will work with a silencer? In looks like that all these assault rifles and sniper rifles are intended to use a silencer.

yes, all 9x39 are subsonic, with nominal MV about 290 m/s and bullet weights in 16 gram vicinity

In fact, 9x39 rounds were designed from the start for use in dedicated silenced Spetsnaz weapons
Only later these same rounds, thanks to limited max range and good stopping power and short-range penetration and lethality, were also used for CQB weapons in hands of elite LE / Counter-terror / VIP protection units.