Turkish marked 7,65x54 dummy exercise cartridge (DWM)

At the Bisley ECRA meeting last weekend I found an Arabic marked 7,65x54 dummy cartridge. Being totally inept at interpreting this sort of script can anyone help with information as to where it comes from, when and who might have made it?

Happy collecting, Peter

Actually made in Germany by DWM, for Turkey. The script says “Little Mauser” and gives the Muslim date of 1319. Don’t know what it corresponds to off-hand, but I’m sure someone will add that later. The “Little Mauser” is to differentiate it from the 9.5mm “Big Mauser” that the Turks previously used.

As far as I understan, it was manufactured between 20 April 1901 and 10 April 1902.

Cheers!
Ivo

Hello Peter, this type of dummy was designated by DWM as No. 367E1 and this specific variation as “Türkei Exerzierpatrone M./90 mit 3 Querrillen”. This model was also used by Peru and Argentina, and this last country in 1895 replaced it by a local model with a fluted & knurled case. The non fluted case was considered too weak for both Mauser Model 1891 rifles and Maxim Model 1895 machine guns.

This a checklist of headstamps found in Argentina:
18 D. M. 91 KARLSRUHE
18 D. M. 92 KARLSRUHE
18 D. M. 92 K.
18 D. M. 93 K.
18 D. M. 94 K.
⊚ ⊚