Scott, the Fábrica Nacional de Cartuchos was established on July 1, 1907 (not in 1906, as previously stated) and by April 10, 1908 it was declared inaugurated and about to start full production. However, this factory experienced problems to achieve this and a letter dated 1910 mentions that Porfirio Díaz, Mexico’s president between December 1, 1884 and May 25, 1911 (3rd term), visited the factory and to avoid an scandal with him a firing demostration was done using cartridges specially handmade for the occasion.
To solve this problem during 1910-11 two contracts were filled with foreign houses: Mario Cresta representing Manfred Weiss and Parent & Leroy representing DWM and FN. The Hungarian cartridges were headstamped 19 W 11 (9, 12 and 6 o’clock), mounted in nickeled steel chargers marked W and packed in 15 rd boxes with Spanish language label.
Going back to Mexican production, there are very few production reports during the revolution period (November 20, 1910 - June 1, 1920) but one dated 1913 states that this factory was producing 270,000 7 mm Mauser cartridges per month. After this date, production is quite well documented.