UMC boxes 1992-present

In reference to 50-round boxes, a friend of mine asked me if they still make those yellow UMC boxes. I know Remington still makes the 250-round yellow UMC boxes but I had to do a bit of research for the 50-round boxes. From the boxes I have I can say that:

1. Black Dot UMC
    Dull yellow UMC rifle/pistol boxes with an eagle, centered in the front, standing on a black dot with the letters UMC were printed between December 1992 and June 1997. The lot numbers on those boxes equate to the first half of 1993 through the first half of 1998 (W through G).
  2. Rectangular UMC without cutout
    From December 1999 through May 2000 a more vivid yellow box was printed with a prominent UMC inside a rectangle on the front. The lot numbers on those boxes equate to the first and second halves of 2000 (L and M).
  3. Rectangular UMC with cutout
    From April 2001 through March 2004, the same type box was printed but these had a cutout on the left front of the box, as if inviting you to use your left thumb to pull open that tab. The lot numbers on those boxes equate to first half of 2001 through the first half of 2004 (N through W). Those cutouts are still present on green/yellow and green/white Remington boxes.

So I go to the range today and find two more yellow UMC 9mm boxes. One is the rectangular without cutout type, printing date September 1999, lot K13P04 indicating a fill date in the last half of 1999. Both, by the way, had styrofoam trays.

Great info!!! Thanks…

Lew

Upon further examination I came up with 4 different types of “Eagle over black dot UMC” printed 1992-1997 boxes. Briefly, the first type has no UPC barcode, barcode labels were put over a blank area, and has the “Made in the USA” circle. Type two has the UPC barcode on a yellow background, and the “Made in USA” circle. Type three has the UPC barcode on a white background, and the “Made in the USA” circle. Fourth type has the white background barcode like type three but does not have the “Made in the USA” circle.