UMC, Remington, Rem-UMC and Winchester primers

Could somebody make a short synthesis of the primers used by these 4 compagnies?

Something like, for each company, a board separate in two families:

1. shotshells
  2. rifle, carbine, pistol, revolver (all together)

And for each of these two families : berdan or boxer , open or closed primer, diameter of the primer, and designation

I am sure they are experts on this forum about US primers, and this short synthesis will save me a lot of time.
Thanks
JP

JP–What years do you want to cover?

from 1870 to 1940. after it is modern staff.
just a short brief, Ron, after we can go deeper.
thanks
JP

JP–I will work up a list in the next few days. I can not help you on the Winchester primers, only the U.M.C. and Remington.

In the realm of “modern stuff” that I reload, when did Winchester stop nickel-plating their large pistol primers? I ask because I’ve thousands of “WINCHESTER (over) 45 AUTO” cases with not-nickel-plated primers, and none loaded with nickel-plated primers except a few I suspect of being reloads. I’ve also hundreds of “W-W (over) 45 AUTO” cases all with nickel-plated primers. I’m wondering if the headstamp changed at the same time the plating stopped? With fewer examples, I find the same situation with Winchester/W-W 45 Colt and 44 Special.

Regarding “modern stuff”, I specified large pistol primers in my question because Winchester’s recent WinClean 9mm Luger and 40 S&W ammo use nickel-plated lead/heavy metal-free small pistol primers as did Winchester NT (non-toxic) ammo in (at least) 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, and 45 Auto. I presume Winchester stopped plating across its entire primer line at the same time about 1999, but I still regularly encounter recent production Winchester 9mm Luger and 40 S&W cases with nickel-plated small pistol primers and didn’t realize why until recently. These lead-free primers flatten significantly on firing, even more than Federals. Since WinClean ammo uses cases with the standard headstamp, as opposed to NT ammo which incorporated “NT” in the headstamp, I initially misidentified fired WinClean cases as reloads with Federal primers and consequently consigned countless hundreds to my recycle bucket. Another easy way to identify WinClean fired cases is their lack of soot inside. They are amazingly clean.