Unable to reset password so that I can login to the user reference area

Would be nice to be able to take advantage of my membership.
Kevin

Not to mention the Buy and Sell area…

This is extreamly frustrating. Who should I contact and how?

I happened to me some weeks ago, the thing is I had to reset my password and it was solved but I can’t find the corresponding email to help you more. I hope someone helps you soon. Perhaps you can send a message in the contact section, if you haven’t done it already

Thanks Javier. I have pushed the link to reset my password and sent emails. No response in my email and I’ve checked the spam folder. It’s a pain but I can wait til someone with the control sees my situation. I’ve been using online forums since the BBS days in the early 80’s. And yes, I’m a member of the IAA.
Kind regards,
Kevin Kibbe

Ok, there is some confusion that I just worked through.

The FORUM uses username / password
The Members only section uses email / password

If you need to reset your password for the members section, go here
https://members.cartridgecollectors.org/pages/user_password.php

Hello Jester

Yes, I’ve tried that. After doing it the first time I waited a few days, then tried again. The second and third time it told me that I have already done it. Then last week or so I tried it again. It says that “If your email address was recognised as belonging to a valid account then an e-mail containing a link to reset your password has been sent.” But it’s not being sent, not in my spam folder. It’s as if my email address is wrong yet I do get the electronic copies of the IAA.

Regards,
Kevin

I’m not an admin or anything, so bear with me :)

Electronic copies of the journal are not via this forum or members section. It’s simply a password protected area on the website. That email you get is from the master mailing list, advertising the link to the journal, and doesn’t have anything to do with members area or the forum.

It sounds like there is maybe something wrong with your email address in the members section and @Aaron needs to fix?

Yeah, I realize there probably isn’t an automatic link between the system that lets me into the members area online and my subscription notice. I just wish that after 4 months it could get fixed.

Kevin

Thanks to Aaron and others I am now able to log in.

Regards,
Kevin