Unidentified paper cartridge

I have been unable to identify the cartridge in the attached photos. It has a black fabric pull tab, which I assume were I willing to pull it, would allow the outside wrapper to be removed to reveal a more readily identifiable cartridge. Does anyone recognize this cartridge? Thanks.

This looks similar to the HAYES’ PATENT http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=glossary

-Dave

I think the Hayes Patent usually had the a Hayes label attached to the wrapper. This looks more like an Eley skin cartridge. Gut with a thin string strung around the body. It may come out of the wrapper with a gentle pull on the bullet. but if it rattles don’t try as the bullet has separated from the body

Guy, it looks like a .56 Colt Revolving Rifle with skin case -inside the paper envelope- made by Eley Bros., but it seems that the base label is missing or never had one. Regards, Fede.

Thanks Dave, Fede and Pete. I did give it a little tug to see if it would pull out of the wrapper, but it didn’t want to let go. However, you have narrowed down the possibilities and given me some direction for my search. These old combustible cartridges are so fragile that I have decided to sell those that I have to avoid further damage. Seems every time I start handling them I become a bit uncoordinated and end up dropping one or two. Thanks again.