Unknown 14.5mm caliber warhead

This special warhead seems like a new one made in China,I think it might be an experimental type.

1 Like

I assume it is one of those new sniper projectiles they are making in several calibers now.

Great item, thank you for sharing!

Can you provide the exact weight and the exact length (with and without the nipple in the base)?

1 Like

It has a nipple in the base and It’s length is about 81mm(including nipple length),and sorry for can’t weigh it because without device

Thanks!
Do you know if the top is part of the solid steel core or is it a cap with a tungsten carbide core underneath?

1 Like

I think the material of the top might be Aluminum alloy,because It can’t be attracted by a magnet.
and here is the picture of the bottom of warhead.
IMG_20200922_185925

It could be stainless steel (we saw that before from others), or along the more modern line it could be titanium (incendiary / spotter). If the tip is titanium there should be a tungsten carbide core below it.

1 Like

That might be stainless…I can’t see the tungsten carbide core below the warhead…and this is only I think,I’m not sure it’s material

Unless you get a 2nd one and cut it open maybe.

1 Like

Yes,only in this way to confirm its structure inside. If possible,I want to get another one and try to cut it

1 Like