Unknown 28ga brass shotshell

28 * 28 *
NPE 28 ga. brass shotshell
Brass Primer
59.96 mm case lenght
Who manufactured?

Hi Bob,

1. when you ask for manufacturer of an unknown headstamp, try to inform us about the standard by giving the thickness of the rim, base diameter, rim diameter
  2. the end user country is an indication but be very carefull.
    For example it is not because the ctge is for India (even before independance) it means it is British made. It can be French also.
  3. When you have the name of a gunsmith from a country on the hstp be carefull also. It does mean the manufacturer is from the same country.
    For example 90% of the British gunsmith shotshells are not British made but French made
    jp

Error :
When you have the name of a gunsmith from a country on the hstp be carefull also. It does NOT mean the manufacturer is from the same country.

JP
Measurement for above mentined 28 ga brass shotshell
rim 16.97
base 15.6
c/m 15.4?
c/l 59.96
rim thickness 1.16

I appreciate your comments about the P. ORR headstamp.
I have no facts as to where it was mfg., but please keep in mind the last line of print on the paper case wall says MADE IN U.S.A.
I have no idea why a shotshell made in England, France or India for that matter would put MADE IN U.S.A. on the side of a paper shotshell? Is it possible components were made in Europe, shipped to USA to be loaded and then shipped to India?
My specualton as to why it may of been mfg in the USA is because P. ORR and Sons were agents for US companies in the 1930 and 1940s. Which means they were importing US products and selling in India and Burma.
If you can find out where and who made it, please let me know.
Bob Ruebel

[quote=“Bob Ruebel”]JP
rim 16.97
base 15.6
c/m 15.4?
c/l 59.96
rim thickness 1.16

[/quote]

If your measurements are precise (specially the rim thickness) it is a modern shell (after 1970) having the CIP standard.
It could be an old French thin rim standard if the rim thickness was minimum 1.30 mm
JP

Bob,
I never said your shell was French.
It think like you it is US made.

I was just warning you and Ren

[quote=“jean-pierre”][quote=“Bob Ruebel”]JP
rim 16.97
base 15.6
c/m 15.4?
c/l 59.96
rim thickness 1.16

[/quote]

If your measurements are precise (specially the rim thickness) it is a modern shell (after 1970) having the CIP standard.
It could be an old French thin rim standard if the rim thickness was minimum 1.30 mm
JP[/quote]

JP
Rim thickness is 1.14-1.16
Bob R.

Bob, it could be also a very very old (pre 1904) german shotshell.

Is there a picture on the tube?
If no, I would think rather a modern (after 1970) manufacturing as I told you before

JP