Unknown 9mmP Snap-Caps

The following photo illustrates black snapcaps offered by CSMC on Amazon. They are listed as out of stock and whether they will ever be back in stock.
Better/larger photo at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001RUEW5G/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=3375251&s=sporting-goods
Does anyone know who made these???

Does anyone have any of these???

They look like they may be turned aluminum based on the turn marks on the bullet and the tit on the tip which may be an artifact of the machining process. They could also be molded plastic and the turn marks could be from the mold. More info appreciated

I have had those bookmarked for a while now, but I never did buy any. The only thing I can tell is that they are a dark color turned aluminum. From what I read online they are poor quality.

Lew, they’re polymer.

They’re being (or used to be) marketed by:

Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing Company (CSMC)
100 Burritt St
New Britain, CT. 06053
860-225-6581

I found a link to some other snap caps on eBay and decided to do a search on eBay for other snap caps and found some of these CSMC snap caps in .45ACP and .38/.357 for sale. The packaging had CSMC, address and ph# on it (which matches that of CSMC’s website). I didn’t find any of the snap caps in 9mm on eBay though.

I briefly checked CSMC’s website but I didn’t find any of these snap caps listed for sale.

I found a reference somewhere saying how a person received some “dented” and that they “metal was scratched”, as if they were complaining about the quality. Maybe they came in aluminum and polymer, or they switched from one to the other?

At least for the ones pictured above, if you look carefully you can see at the very tip of the “bullet” is a little blob of plastic where the plastic sprue was cut off, just like you’d see with plastic hobby model kits.

Also the two eBay sales of the CSMC caps state that they’re made from high impact polymer.

I see what you mean, these ones are plastic: http://cgi.ebay.com/45-ACP-Snap-Caps_W0QQitemZ230436067408QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a70f5850

Those be the ones I’m referring to. Thanks DK for posting a picture of them!

Just spoke to CSMC over the phone. They use to make these Snap Caps out of a plastic but they are now made out of a hard rubber type substance. They also have 9mm as well as 45ACP.

Cheers,

Lew

So much for random internet chatter referring to aluminum. I should know better anyway than to trust second hand info outside of this forum