Unknown circle marks on 7,92 headstamp

Can anyone shed any light on the 2 circles on the headstamps. The headstamps appear to be overstamping the circles. As far as I can tell the wooden bullets in the cases are original as they couldn’t be pulled and the case had to be drilled. I don’t know if the lot numbers correspond to known blank production. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated…thanks…paul

I have them cataloged as Danish re-use markings.

Yes, these should be reloads made by Otterup cartridge factory.

any idea on the date/age of the reloads, also were they for military use? Did Denmark make 7,92 for their own use? …paul

I think I’ve seen the blanks and dummies in military boxes, but don’t recall if they were dated. I would guess late '40s-early '50s. In my catalog I have the dummies listed as M1947.
I’m sure Denmark has loaded 7.92, but as I go through my catalog I have noticed that I don’t have a single one!

Denmark used ammunition from former German stocks and if I remember correctly they reloaded only blanks and turned fired cases into dummies.

[quote=“EOD”]Denmark used ammunition from former German stocks and if I remember correctly they reloaded only blanks and turned fired cases into dummies.[/quote]Correct and only the navy used ex german equipment. This makes for an peculiar daily occurence 1946- approx. 1950 at the changing of the guard at the Citadel, an army guard platoon equipped with Enfields is replaced by a platoon of marines equipped with K98k’s…
Arma-Dania describes the blank shown above here:
arma-dania.dk/public/timeli … ditid1=170
I have taken over the ammunition timeline at A-D and will be slowly working my way through the cartridges adding an english summary in the description.
Soren

Most interesting guys thank you… I now need to find a dummy to go with the blanks.

The dummy has a similar looking wood bullet. The case has no primer and there are three grooves rolled into the case about half way up.

You could probably find one at the Bisley meeting at the end of this month.

Out of curiosity, since I shoot CSR matches at Century and Short Siberia, where at Bisley is the cartridge meet taking place?
Soren

Soren, the meeting is on Saturday 31st October and its held in The Pavilion.

[quote=“mausernut”]Out of curiosity, since I shoot CSR matches at Century and Short Siberia, where at Bisley is the cartridge meet taking place?
Soren[/quote]

And you should show either an ECRA or IAA membership card to gain entry.

gravelbelly

Link to a volume seller: https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4364&idcategory=12

many thanks XPH2USN nice to see them…paul

[quote=“gravelbelly”][quote=“mausernut”]Out of curiosity, since I shoot CSR matches at Century and Short Siberia, where at Bisley is the cartridge meet taking place?
Soren[/quote]And you should show either an ECRA or IAA membership card to gain entry.
gravelbelly[/quote]Would be a bit hard since I never got a membership card when I signed up, Did get a small yellow slip upgrade for this years membership last I renewed :-)
-Soren

Perhaps nice to know.
The Germans started with the circle by the cartridge M71 - M71/84 as a reloading mark.

During WW1 this mark was used on 9mm Para and 8x57 Mauser rounds.
These reloaded rounds were for practice only.

Rgds

The circle is also observed on 13mm AT rifle cases.