Unknown gras case

I have a gras case that is headstamped " S.F.W. 59 X 11.1".I don’t know who was the maker of this round.According to me it would be possible that it is a SFM made case with the last letter changed because was made for a foreign government.Am I on the right way?

Thanks for your answer

It also appears that the caliber marking is reversed. Can you please post a picture of this cartridge?

Sorry,I can’t post it in the forum.Can I send it to you by e mail?

7.62 mm rounds? I usually collect one sample for each caliber.I have only 2 loaded 7.63 mm Mauser rounds:one made by SFM with 403 serial number (the same as 7.63 DWM rounds) and another made by Gevelot ( this one is very nice).

[quote=“Pivi”]I have a gras case that is headstamped " S.F.W. 59 X 11.1".I don’t know who was the maker of this round.According to me it would be possible that it is a SFM made case with the last letter changed because was made for a foreign government.Am I on the right way?

Thanks for your answer[/quote]

This headstamp has been seen on a cartridge from Egypt before 1914 (imitation of S.F.M. acronym ?)

Michel

Thank you michel,
if you want I can send you the photos of this case by e mail.

Yes, please send the picture, and one of the Gevelot 7.63. I will PM my e-mail address to you.

Jon-Could you please secure Pivi’s prermission and post the picture of the Gevelot 7.63 - I have never seen this caliber with a Gevelot headstamp before. I would suggest a separate thread for it.

John Moss

Sorry John,
I forgot that my 7.63 mm round has the SFM headstamp too.I posted its photo to jon.You can post all my pictures.I am waiting for a friend of mine who is a PC expert and will explain me how to post images securely ( I can’t use my PC very well)

Pivi - don’t feel bad. I have been working on a PC for 15 years, and I am still so computer-ignorant that if I have a picture to post on the Forum, I must send it to a friend of mine who posts them for me. I couldn’t figure out how to do it even though we have instructions in several languages! Ciao! The picture you sent me by PM is very good photography!

John Moss