Unknown. Is this a cartridge even?

I have had this thing in my cartridge drawer for years and never really gave it much thought. After years I discovered it again and am curious if anyone knows the purpose of what this is for. Definitely a lead Round nose to this.

Added. It is about the same size as a .38 Spl cartridge.

This Item was discussed previously and no conclusion as to what it was reached. I’m still curious about it.

Paul

I see that now. Is there a cutter in Canada. I am willing to sacrifice mine if someone can cut it to see what is on the inside to help ID these…anyone?

I Believe that one of the best cutter is living in canada and is a regular user of this forum, maybe you should open a new topic to focus his attention.

This is just an old example of a cabinet bullet catch with spring loaded tip.[quote=“cartridgecorner, post:1, topic:31557, full:true”]
I have had this thing in my cartridge drawer for years and never really gave it much thought. After years I discovered it again and am curious if anyone knows the purpose of what this is for. Definitely a lead Round nose to this.

Added. It is about the same size as a .38 Spl cartridge.
[/quote]

bullet-catch-1-4-diameter-brass-plated-steel-bullet-only-no-strike-1

This is just an example of an old time bullet cabinet catch. See picture

so why would they use lead…it is not magnetic or anything…just for looks?

No idea why someone stuck lead in the closed end of it. Most likely wasn’t there in
Its original state. Try pushing the pointed tip in and see if the spring inside still works.
This is not the first time I have seen these cabinet catches altered by someone to
Make it look like a bullet.

Ok thanks. I will chop it apart to have a look see myself. Interesting

Please keep us posted with the results.

Paul