Unknown Soviet 14mm explosive bullet

Does anyone have any information about the bullet above?

I searching on the internet a lot but found nothing so far. I picked it up as an EOD export and disposed of this from a former Soviet mountain shooting range in Hungary 1992.

Calibre: ~14 mm
Total lenght: 48,5mm
Diameter: 13,85 mm
Base ø: 13,90 mm
Rotating band ø: 14,05 / 14,40 mm
Rotating band: four pcs lead (1st: 1,7 mm, 2nd: 2,5mm, 3rd: 1,7mm 4th: 2,2mm thick)
Thr barrel which shoot this projectile have a rifling: 8 grooves 1,5 mm wide (ø14,4 mm) and 8 lands 4 mm wide (ø14,05 mm)

It has a nose fuze with some basic centrifugal safety elements as you can be seen in the pictures.

Had two types of explosive materials. One in the small primer in the fuze, and some plastic A-IX-2 hexogen explosive in a thick metal tube which had 8,7mm diameter x 20mm long. The projectile has a hard plastic end cup which secured with some lacquer and holds the explosive tube in place.

1 Like

This is a Czechoslovak 14.5x20R (post 1945 manufacture) for the German “Kleinstkanone 34” training gun for artillerists.

The Czechs made some different variants ofver teh years and had steel and brass cases.

Here a cutaway with a base plug made of steel and with a steel case.

Source: internet.

14.5x20R_spotter_for artillery trainer_cutaway_Czech

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

14,5x20

Briefly about the history of the cartridge 14.5x20 R Cartridge for the practice of short-range artillery shooting developed in 1934 in Germany. It was labored with 0.28 g smokeless powder and 51.8 g lead shot, Vo 155 m / s, maximum range 1000 m. In the 60s was modified steel bullet 40.4 g with lead lead rings that contained a separate lighter indicating the composition.

Cementárenský

Briefly about the history of 14.5mm cement cement Industrial version of the cartridge 14.5x20 R developed around 1963 in Czechoslovakia in the arms factory Vsetin. Laboratory shot 43.9 g, Vo 220 m / s. In the steel body of the missile was placed detonator with inertia fuse and 2.2 g of pentrite. The charge was used to blast melted clinker layers on the walls of circular cement kilns. And in operation.

Here is our web:

1 Like

Frantisek, do you have diagrams / drawings of that “industrial” cartridge ???
Or does a cutaway exist?

Hi, I’ll check it out today.
Send privately or to a forum?
A beautiful day
Franta.