Unknown stripperklip

In a collection of 7.92 rounds that I bought, there were 5 rounds on this stripperclip. It’s very different from other used for 7.92, it’s very this, and has no “dimples” on the side. Have anyone seen this type before, and know what it’s for? Normal type of clip for comparison.

The light grey phosphate one with the three side lugs is a Norwegian produced clip found with both 7,92x57 and 30-06 ammunition. The tell-tale is the “arrow in cog-wheel” makers mark on the base.

The one without side-wall lugs looks to be a clip for 7,65x53 Belgian ammunition.

Peter

PS. I’m away from home, tapping this out on a handheld gadget, so I’m away from my files and hard-drive. I’ll post a picture of the company logo tomorrow … the company is Stanseproductor, it was located in Oslo … from memory !

Peter, would you have an image of that cogwheel + arrow?

Yes, I’m aware about the Norwegian one, it’s the thin one I’m asking about. It was loaded with German 7.92 x 57 when I got it.

EOD, here’s a picture of the COG-wheel:

psg1, thanks a lot!

Now as you are saying it was loaded with German cartridges I really need to provide this comment from a friend who once has shown me such a clip and explained it to be of GDR manufacture.

Question: Is the Norwegian origin confirmed by such clips being present in Norwegian boxes and are these clips common in Norway? I just want to be sure that it is not GDR if so.

The clip with arrow is standard in raufoss boxes from the 40’s and the 50’s

[quote=“psg1”]

[/quote].

Yes, I’m aware about the Norwegian one, it’s the thin one I’m asking about. It was loaded with German 7.92 x 57 when I got it.

Hmmm … the Mauser m’98 relies on the lower of the three sidewall lugs engaging with the charger ‘slot’ on top of the receiver to prevent the clip being pushed down into the magazine by the action of pushing the cartridges out. The simple Ladestriefen No1 made without sidewall lugs bears on a narrow rail on one side of the bolt raceway to stop it being pushed into the magazine, the lugs are a design improvement over the earlier Belgian/Argentine version.

I can’t see any way for the earlier clip to be easily used with an m’98 Mauser actioned rifle.

Peter

Peter: At least in the case of the Argentine 1909 rifle (which had a model 98 action) the magazine well was narrowed enough at the rear to serve as a ledge on which the lugless clip would bottom. Had this provision not been made the Argentines couldn’t have used the original type clip with both their old (1891) and late (1909) rifles. Jack

[quote=“Lumberjack”]The clip with arrow is standard in raufoss boxes from the 40’s and the 50’s

[quote=“psg1”]

[/quote].[/quote]

Lumberjack, thanks a lot for the confirmation!

psg1
Looks Japanese, can or can not be a small somewhat incomplete triangle-shaped stamp or an backwards rotated “L” close to one end on the back. Use a good glass.

The Norwegian clip was just added to the picture for size comparison, it was the small clip that I found with German 7.92 ammunition. I’m very well aware how the clip works, we used M-98’s in the Army cadet’s. Since our officers had G-3’s amd MP-40’s with blank fire adapters, we had to be able to load our rifles fast. That was a good time.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I have checked it with magnifying glass, and can find no markings on the clip. It came loaded with
5 ea P162 S* 3 38 with green annulus, which should make it a sS-round. But it may just have been someone fitting these round to this clip.

Psg1,

The unknown clip is possibly a M.89 clip for 7.65x54 Mauser : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14148

Brian

Thanks, I agree. Will try to fit the right rounds in this clip.

I don’t think there’s any serious doubt the lugless clip is the original Mauser clip for the 1889, 1890, and 1891 series of rifles. The earliest version of this clip had a flat back and very low sidewalls, as seen in the example pictured. The later type had the lengthwise ribs on the back typical of the later lugged clips and somewhat higher sidewalls. These later ones look much like a lugless version of the 1893 clip. Jack

Here is a picture showing both top and bottom of an m’89 clip;

Approximate dimensions for these are;

Length = 60,5mm
Width = 13,4mm
Height = 2,9mm
Width between flanges = 11,8mm

Peter

The Norwegian charger was manufactured by A/S Stanseprodukter in Oslo, a company established in 1945 that was better know for making stapling machines, plumbing accesories and punch-pressed parts. Today it still exists as Stantek AS at a different address.

Fede, great info. Thanks a lot!

To Fedes info I add a picture with the paper box for the chargers.

Norbert Berg