US 210 primer

For which ctge is the US 210 primer ?
Thanks
JP

I don’t know if there’s a primer with the designation 210, but .210 in. is the nominal diameter of the standard large American boxer rifle and pistol primer. Jack

JP,

Federal brand Large Rifle primers are #210.

Dave

thanks to you both
jp

Dear JP, a lot of other (non US) makers of Shotgun priomers call them #209 or #210 ( which is the approximate diameter of the actual primer cup within the battery cup. Winchester had a #209 for standard Shotgun primers, and a #245 for an oversized battery cup ( most are .242) for use in expanded Pocket shells ( and as a “Magnum” load as well.)

Some makers of Rifle prmers ( LR) also call them # 209 ( from the diameter…)
Without specifying what you are referring to (Rifle, Pistol of Shotshell) it is hard to be definitve.

Also, the "gov’t " primers ( primers made for Military ammuniuton) don’t have “M” numbers, but the actual factories call them by their # number ( ie CCI #35, is the standard .50Cal BMG primer); in fact when the Gov’t made them (Frankford Arsenal), they had an “#” number as well…FA#70 was the 30/06 Corrosive primer mixture of the pre-WW II and WW II-Korea Era.

Since SAA primers are not supplied “to the troops” but only to the factories, I don’t think they actually have an “M” classification…They do have both a NATO Inventory Number as well as a US Federal Inventory number.

regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

[quote=“DocAV”]Dear JP, a lot of other (non US) makers of Shotgun priomers call them #209 or #210 ( which is the approximate diameter of the actual primer cup within the battery cup. Winchester had a #209 for standard Shotgun primers, and a #245 for an oversized battery cup ( most are .242) for use in expanded Pocket shells ( and as a “Magnum” load as well.)

Some makers of Rifle prmers ( LR) also call them # 209 ( from the diameter…)
Without specifying what you are referring to (Rifle, Pistol of Shotshell) it is hard to be definitve.

Also, the "gov’t " primers ( primers made for Military ammuniuton) don’t have “M” numbers, but the actual factories call them by their # number ( ie CCI #35, is the standard .50Cal BMG primer); in fact when the Gov’t made them (Frankford Arsenal), they had an “#” number as well…FA#70 was the 30/06 Corrosive primer mixture of the pre-WW II and WW II-Korea Era.

Since SAA primers are not supplied “to the troops” but only to the factories, I don’t think they actually have an “M” classification…They do have both a NATO Inventory Number as well as a US Federal Inventory number.

regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics.[/quote]

thank you Doc !

The problem is i don’t know what they are because I just have the reference in the title of an Excel file and not the drawing and my problem is : must I order the drawing !!!

I will try to make a listing with date of all the primers i have the reference

thanks
JP