US Co

1. From which year is this poster?
  2. has somebody a good scan of this poster (at least the part giving info on the shotshells)?
    Thank you in advance.
    Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre,
The last testimonial at the bottom of the poster is dated December 20, 1881, so I would be inclined to think the poster dates from 1882. I would be happy to e-mail you a photo of the shotshell section, which you should be able to enlarge to see the details you want.

thank you very much.
I would appreciate the picture of the brass shell info (brass and paper).
The flash of the camera and the fact there was a glass window in front of the poster gave terrible picture.
thanks again
Jean-Pierre

Just a caution . . . and I could be entirely wrong, but Jim Tillinghast had several such broadsheets re-printed circa 1975 which I still have somewhere. These were a beautifully done bit of work, but they ARE reproductions. I don’t recall if this is one of the ones he offered, but the photo makes it look a bit too pristine to be an original. Again, I could be wrong.

Teak,
You are correct - the one I’m looking at came from Dixie Gun Works in the 1970s. However, as I understand, it is a copy of an original. I think Jean-Pierre’s interest is more in the content of the shotshell section rather than its provenance.

Hi !
You are right. This poster is a reprint.
The guy who has it bought it in England .
But it is intersesting for the info anyway.
JP