US M917A plated dummy ca' 2012

Recently this info showed up on the B/S/T part of the Forum.

bdgreen13d
Click on each to see a larger, readable image.
PEO Ammunition Systems Portfolio 2012 – 2013

M917A1; b.jpg1343x534 80.5 KB
M917A1; a.jpg1124x42 20.1 KB

I have never seen or heard of this dummy!

Has anyone seen or obtained a sample? If so what is the headstamp???

Cheers,
Lew

Just found out from this company that sales of these products to the general public are not possible. Tom from MN

Lew, for what it’s worth, DoD reports indicate that 259,720 rounds at $2.09 each were procured by the US Army during fiscal year 2014 but no further quantities were requested during fiscal years 2015 and 2016. However, the latest report for fiscal year 2017 now request 76,758 rounds at $1.95 each.

You may want to contact Advanced Plating Technologies, as they are involved in the production of these new DDI rounds, at least in the .50 Cal. M2A1 variation. In the last SHOT Show edition they had some of these at their table, but nothing in 5.56, 7.62 and 9 mm.

Regards,

Fede

Lew, I want to add that an up to date list of interested vendors for DDI cartridges in 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm and .50 Cal., includes the following contractors:

• Mast Technology, Inc.
  • Scicast International, Inc.
  • Dynamic Precison Machine Tools, Inc.
  • Polymer Technologies, Inc.
  • Advanced Automation Corp.

Regards,

Fede

Hi Lew,

An update:

On March 26, 2016, a contract for manufacturing these new 9 mm M917A1 cartridges was awarded to Mast Technology, Inc. To be approved, this cartridge must fulfill the following requirements:

• Lusterless plating
  • No external burrs permissible
  • Rear of the projectile will have exposed lead (absurd or not, the reason is that there is no Technical Data Package for an alternative projectile)
  • May be crimped
  • 2 holes in the case body
  • Headstamp with initials of the manufacturer (I assume it would be “MTL”)
  • “DUMMY” is required to be on the headstamp.

Regards,

Fede

Gents -
We are finally going to FAT/FAAT on this item. There will be 3 different headstamps - blank for original line set up, MTL 16 and MTL 17. See attached photo.

We should have some available on our commercial website www.blackgunindustries.com shortly.

Jay,

GREAT NEWS!

Look forward to getting these when they become available.

Thanks for posting the notice.

Brian

Here is a 17 dated version I came across images of today, and the box label.

pix833121596

pix647695989

Just linking these two threads concerning the M917A1 together:

Was anyone able to get some of these 9x19mm dummies with the MTL headstamp shown above???

Lew

Lew - I have an extra. I will put it in your box. I just assumed you would have it.

John Moss

Sorry for the slow response. I was on travel and then had cellulitis, which resulted in a 4 day hospital stay.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/842042027

I have our gunbroker account working like a well oiled machine with me and 1 admin (Katie) - she is awesome. If you message from GB she will answer. Tell her hello!

There are 2 or 3 options for the 9mm Dummy on gunbroker. My website still sucks.