Value of this ammo? (6.5x58R)

I have a full box of RWS Nuremburg cartridges for this calibre (that’s 10 “patronen”). I guess manufacture is early 60s. I have not seen a gun chambered for this very often. Any help?

Actually it’s reasonably common, probably more so in Europe than here in the US, not knowing where you are. Also a number of companies made this ammunition.
As to date, RWS made ammunition for a very long time so the style of box would be of use in determining the age. Sort of saying I have a Ford, when was it made. Does it have a “child warning”? Also headstamp & bullet style would be helpful.

Photo uploaded.

Is it 6,5x58R Sauer (drilling) cartridge, or 6,5x58R Norwegian/Danish Krag Target Rifle ( sized down from 8x58R Danish)?

The two cases are hugely different in Rim and Body diameter, and Taper.

DocAV

Im assuming the former. That this is for a drilling. But I could be wrong.

There should be some rubber stamped lot identifier like A41M (up to 1945) or 41AM (after WW2) on the box. If there is one, the box can be dated precisely. My guess is prewar.
“Normalisiert” means it was made to standardized dimensions that the German gun trade had agreed upon. If anything, it is a 6,5 x 58 R Sauer & Sohn.

Here is the back of the box. Obviously htey have load data as well. box

Giving load data was common for RWS as well as DWM cartridges. Its also given in the catalogues.
“T.39” is Troisdorfer powder type 1939 (not a year, just a number as in IMR 3031). Troisdorf, similar to Rottweil, being the location of the powder factory.
The bullet is a 7.8 g copper jacket type. I do not know what the C means.
“F.Z.” (Fertigungszeichen, lot indication) O60S would be (in my interpretation) 1919, 60 minus 40 = 20th day of month, S being September. (months Jan-Dec are letters K through V): 20 Sep 1919.

The year letter (I read it as O) repeats every 25 years. It could be 1944 or 1969. But the FZ format in 1969 would have been 60SO. Also, a b/w box label is impossible for 1969. Production of this hunting cartridge with brass cases in the chaotic situation as late as September 1944 seems extremely improbable to me. Therefore my guess is 1919.

I am sorry,

From the homepage of RWS ammunition;

Since the Rheinisch-Westfälische Sprengstoff AG (RWS) did real pioneering work, which set standards worldwide and has been copied multifold, with the mercury-free Sinoxid primer that was patented in 1928.

So in my opinion it cannot be 1919.

Best regards

Dutch,
you are of course right. I was blind for the obvious. Sorry for the confusion.