Vapex

Inspired by the discussion in a recent thread, here is some info on the Swedish Company Vapex:

They are certainly not out of business, as suggested in the older thread. Here is an ad from the most recent issue of the Swedish weapons Magazine ‘Vapentidningen’:

I mailed them many years ago to try to get some information on the VAPEX headstamps. They told me they did not make or import ammunition anymore, and I got no other information regarding the cartridges, like who made them etc.

The only two VAPEX headstamps I have seen, are the 7,62x39, which EOD identified as a Barnaul Product,

and the 9 mm Para, whitch is still unidentified.

Besides the VAPEX headstamped cartridges, there exist reloaded Vapex cartridges, forund in boxes like the one shown by EOD. Beside the .38 Special Box, I know of two different 9 mm Para boxes. Here is one of them:

Note the German and English text stamped on it. There is also a German (Ulm) proof mark on it.

The cartridges in the Box are loaded With full jacketed 124 grains RN bullets, and the cases are a mix of CBC, WCC, WIN and nny headstamps, all With blue painted base and a ‘VP’ monogram on the primer:

These boxes and cases are cartainly not lying around in dust bins or reloading benches here in Scandinavia, at least not on any of those I have visited :-)

Hope this is of some interest. Any further information would be highly appreciated.

morten

[quote=“morten”]
These boxes and cases are cartainly not lying around in dust bins or reloading benches here in Scandinavia, at least not on any of those I have visited :-)
morten[/quote]

Morten, then you need to visit Denmark more often as all boxes I saw came from this part of Scandinavia. :)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10530