Various 7.92x57mm

The Yugo information was very helpful indeed. I have these unfired cases and a bag of various 7.92mm projectiles and I was wondering if anyone knows the correct weight of the projectiles for the cases as shown? I’m guessing they are all heavy ball (sS). I know the manufacturers, just trying to match up some of the projectiles.

also any backround information is alway welcome…ie who the shipment where produced for.

many thanks!

Looks like they were meant for Israel. Hebrew characters and David’s star on the second from left.
Soren

Here are some comparisons with rounds in my collection.

FN 49, Heavy Ball (sS), GMCS 198+/- grain bullet, 410.7 grains total weight, blue-black annulus
FN 52, Heavy Ball (sS), GMCS 198+/- grain bullet, 412.1 grains total weight, green annulus
FNM 71-14, M/937 (sS), GMCS 198+/- grain bullet, green annulus
FMN 71-15, M/937 (sS), GMCS 198+/- grain bullet, 417.6 grains total weight, green annulus

(Israeli) 55 * X, Ball, GM —+/- grain bullet, 410.2 grains total weight, purple annulus
Israel used three different ball bullets. The first weighed approx. 150 grains: second was a bullet in the 170 grain range and finally a SS Ball weighing approx 190 grains. I believe this one had a 170 grain bullet, The total weight of a SS cartridge is about 420-430 grains

Phil.

Many thanks, I managed to find a couple to fit some of the cases

Regards
Michael