Venezuelan 7.62x39

Has anybody observed Venezuelan 7.62x39 cartridges? Russia sold a production line to Venezuela (together with a line for AK-103 rifles) which was delivered/set up 2007-2010 (contract of 2006).

Production of AK rifles and 7.62x39 ammunition has been constantly publicized since CAVIM signed this contract in 2006 and on June 2012 it was announced that 60% of the rifle plant was finished. Early on this current month the first 3000 Venezuelan made AK-103 rifles were delivered to the army but no mention of the ammunition has been made so far.

These 7.62x51 and 7.62x39 cartridges were displayed about two weeks ago during the rifle delivery ceremony:

Fede, so we have to look for out for them. I guess the hs will be like “CAVIM 13” then (or what ever year they will start production).

Since 2012 they are using a new headstamp style including an alphanumeric code identifying the user of this cartridge. For example, last year production of 9 mm Parabellum cartridges is headstamped CAVIM OP135 12, where the code corresponds to the national police. I assume that the new 7.62x39 headstamp will follow this pattern using a code for the army.

Very interesting. We shall keep that in mind!

EOD - I should tell you that I have a xerox copy of an undated catalog from CAVIM which I have had for at least 15 years. I do not know if the catalog is complete or not - I suspect it is not. However, in that catalog one of the cartridges offered is 7.62 x 39 Cartucho de Fogueo (Blank Cartridge). Ordinary ball in this caliber is not shown, but it is possible they made it. At any rate, the catalog predates the Russian-Venezuelan contracts discussed in this thread.

Examples of those blanks are known with a CAVIM 84 headstamp.

Hmm, interesting!
Anybody here who has such a miracle and would share images us?