Vietnam Flamethrowers? Again!

Guys,

thread has disappeared!
WHo has the TM of the flamethrower? Please PM me.

Best,
Dave

I am looking for the TM about one of the flamethrowers.

PM me guys.

Dragontooth, how about this one? :

liberatedmanuals.com/TM-3-1040-221-12.pdf

While everyone loves a good flame-thrower, posts need to be ammunition / ordnance in nature to fall withing the forum posting rules. There are many gun & military forums that will have information on flame throwers. Thanks.

Igniters flame-thrower ctges are not ammo ??? !!!
Why to have deleted the full post instead of only the remark about the crispy hamburgers ??
jp

I agree on the ignition cartridges and isn’t the fuel the ammo here too?

I didn’t delete the original post, but I agree with DK that it was correctly deleted. The post had nothing to do with igniter cartridges or fuel (and it is a bit of a stretch for the flamethrower fuel to be called a cartridge in my humble opinion). This is the equivalent of a question on what type of pistols the US forces used in Vietnam. Granted the pistols all used ammunition but this would not be a ammunition question.

Thanks to whoever deleted the initial post. This one should be locked or deleted also in my opinion.

Cheers,

Lew

[quote=“Lew”]I didn’t delete the original post, but I agree with DK that it was correctly deleted. The post had nothing to do with igniter cartridges or fuel (and it is a bit of a stretch for the flamethrower fuel to be called a cartridge in my humble opinion). Cheers,

Lew[/quote]

Hello Lew,

The post I am talking about started by a picture of a 38 (or ?,) blank crimped ctge with an identification request.
One answer was the use in canadian flame throwers, if I remeber well.

But perhaps I mistook and there were two different posts :
the one with the blank ctge and another one

Could somebody confirm?

jp

I had deleted the original post because it was non-ammo, and was outside the usual decency-limitations of the forum when it got to talking about toasting the NVA. I also deleted a thread earlier this year which was a video post that a question about a Vietnam gun in it, and the video showed a monk self-immolating.

Ignitor cartridges are good, but that was not the thread deleted, that thread is still going.

The deleted thread was a question about flame-throwers only and their use on people in Vietnam, which is akin to coming in and asking about a Tommy gun, and then carrying on about greasing people with one.

No hard feelings anyway, and I know some people don’t really mind if people come in and talk about gun-only stuff, but to be consistently fair, we abide by the forum rules for posting. Sometimes there is gray area, and people usually try to steer a thread towards ammo / ordnance, and posts & threads are rarely deleted.

J-P,

That thread was titled “Canadian flame thrower blank” (it’s name was changed to that) and was posted by Rimfire on June 9th. It’s still up.