Vol 2 on Bulgarian grenades is out

I just received my copy of vol. 2 of “BULGARIAN and GERMAN Hand Grenades” from Dimitri Mitev.

Vol. 2 is covering Bulgarian grenades from 1945 up to now. Also German grenades till 1945 are continued in this volume.
On both subjects plenty of new info and images are given.

If somebody is into grenades this book will close a huge gap on this subject.

Here the website:

sites.google.com/site/grenadebook/

Are Europeans allowed to collect grenades (deactivated, of course)? I have to admit that I only see a limited choice of predominantly American deactivated grenades, the German ones are mostly repros. Maybe because I don’t collect them, I don’t pay enough attention at shows. Are they destructive devices? Does anyone collect live ones? Asking out of ignorance, again and again.

Vlad, except for very few countries which do not even allow inert grenades (mostly not allowing other inert ordnance too like France and Denmark, the Dutch need a license I think, yes for inert stuff!) it is ok as long as they are inert. I never heard of a country that allows life grenades in private hands(except for smoke).

Of course all will end the same day some maniac will take kids hostage in a school with such an (inert) item. Then our brainless politicians will even ban photos of such for publicity reasons and panicking media which will earn even more money with dramatically made up headlines (for exactly that reason) causing clueless public to suddenly have an opinion on something they know a jack about.

Collectors of grenades are (still) quite a big community over here.

Inert, cut open ‘instruction’ grenades are allowed in Denmark and does not take a collectors permit. Official written instruction about this exists. But regularly police districts either decides to shed all knowledge of that or simply ignores the rules and confiscates items. This makes the few grenade-collectors a bunch of brave guys imho.
Soren