Welrod 32 and 9mm

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welrod

kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Si … Welrod.htm

A local guy made this page:

timelapse.dk/welrod.php

Soren

Nice article. Here’s a picture of one of mine:

Nice one psg1. I have never shot a welrod, but tried out a De Lisle carbine a long time ago. Weird sensation of a loud “Chink!!” sound from the firing pin and the next you hear is the buzzing sound of the bullet after ricochetting. No recoil, no ear muffs…
Soren

It’s nice to shoot, I think it’s very accurate. But the baffles inside has dried up, so mine is making some noise. I do have a project to try to replace the baffles with rubber, to see how silent I can get it. I have one I keep original for collecting, and this one, which I shoot. If ever you visit Norway, you may try mine.

Regards PSG-1

Nice welrod. These were rare in the UK even before the 1997 pistol ban. I read somewhere that most of them were destroyed after the end of the war to stop them falling into criminal hands.

There are quite a few here in Norway, I guess it’s leftover from the resistance and Stay Behind. Do you know if they used regular .32, or if they got special issued for the Welrod?

Unfortunately I do not know what sort of ammunition was used with them. TonyE may well know.

The ammo dropped by SOE air mail here 1942-5, were normal, factory standard .32 ACP. Don’t think a 9mm ever turned up in Denmark. .32 were subsonic anyway so no need for any special loadings.
Soren