Wesson all brass shotshells

Has somebody a catalogue (or advertising) about all brass shotshells made by Wesson ???

Is this guy Wesson the same as in Smith & Wesson ???

I don’t find any note about these shotshells in the book of R. Iverson.

Thanks

Hoyem, Volume 4, shows a .55 Wesson shotshell. It is nickel plated with a small primer pocket. It is 2.009" in length, rim .653", and head .561".

thanks for the info !!

I checked in the book but they talk only about this special gauge (55) and not of 10 and 12 gauge.

How can we recognize 10 and 12 gauge made by UMC or Winchester for Wesson ? Is there a special hstp ?

Could you please confirm the 55 Wesson is for a non riffled bore gun ?

If yes this is another shotgun shell I need !
Is it rare ?
How much does it cost ??
JP

JP, my copy of Dick Iverson’s book shows Franklin Wesson on page 192. Franklin Wesson was know for various shotshell ‘wildcats’, including the previously mentioned 55 caliber Wesson. There are quite possibly others out there and he could have very well made popular gauges too. Dick states Wesson had a thriving business in Shasta California in the 1850s but he returned to Worcester, Massachusetts in 1859 until his death in 1899. Wesson was known for making weapons of odd calibers, which required he make the ammunition too.

Franklin Wesson was not part of Smith&Wesson

Thanks .
I have found the page in the Iverson book (the manufacturers are listed in alphabetic order but using the first name !).

How much does cost a 55 Gauge ??

JP

[quote=“jeanpierre”]Thanks .
I have found the page in the Iverson book (the manufacturers are listed in alphabetic order but using the first name !).

How much does cost a 55 Gauge ??

JP[/quote]

Several years ago at one of the SLICS shows, I sold an NPE ( new primed empty ) .55 Wesson shotshell complete with the white rubber ( ? ) " buffer " disc in the bottom. If I remember correctly, the price was in the ballpark of $ 200. M. Rea

thanks
jp