Western Cartridge Co. Catalogs

First I want to thank everybody for all the help you have given me in the past on gathering together Remington and Peters catalogs. With all your help I now have about a 90% complete file of digitized catalogs for these two companies.

I am now working on digitizing the catalogs of Western Cartridge Co. I have Dealers and Jobbers Price Lists for most of the years from 1915 to the 1960’s, but only have the Retail Catalogs for 1915 & 1925. I desperately need the Retail Catalogs and any other catalogs for the years 1898 (when WCC was founded) to 1916. If you have any catalogs, especially Retail, but also, Jobber PL, Retail PL, Wholesale PL or Export catalogs for any year from 1916 to the mid-1970’s (when Winchester & Western quit being sold as separate brands), please email me by clicking on the email link at the bottom of this post.

Although of less importance than the catalogs, I am also interested in any flyers or ad’s for Western Cartridges Co.

Thanks for any help.

Ron, will you be publishing a compilation of Western catalogs? Cornell has a bunch of nice reprints, but few, if any, Western catalogs.

I remember back in the 50s, and maybe earlier or later, Winchester and Western produced separate ammunition handbooks - not quite catalogs, but they contained information about all ammunition they loaded. They were paperback booklets. I have several of those, and I suspect they are not all that unusual. But the ones I have are the only ones I have ever run across.

Roundsworth–Like the Remington and Peters, I have not made a decision on the publishing of a CD with all the catalogs. I keep hoping to get closer to a complete set for a company before I do anything. But, in the meantime, I am glad to answer any questions, based on the catalogs, such as when a cartridge was introduced or discontinued, what loads were available, etc.

But, my primary reason for doing all the hours and hours of scanning is to preserve all these catalogs before the last surviving copies disappear in fires, floods, tornadoes, old age, etc.

I certainly am not doing this to make money. If I only charged 50 cents/hour for my labor, I would need to sell the CD’s for a $1000 each and sell 100 copies just to brake even.

Dennis–Yes, I have those booklets that you mentioned. As you said, they really are not catalogs, but do have quite a bit of information in them. But, unlike the catalogs, they were published, mostly unchanged, for at least 10 years or more in the 40’s and 50’s, so are not of much use for dating things.

So far I have not heard from any of you about the Western catalogs. Is it possible that nobody has any Western (or the later Winchester-Western) catalogs? I really need some help on these, especially the Retail Catalogs. Anyone that scans (or loans me for scanning) any catalogs I don’t have will get a free PDF (or CD for a couple of dollars) copy of all the Western catalogs I can pull together.

Ron, PM sent.