What is the data on this 7.62x51mm Ball ammo?

NATO
F
Thank you for the info.

Rapidrob,

Chile, see: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15310

Hello:

F. = FAMAE (Fabricas y Maestranzas del Ejercito) “Factories and Arsenals of Chilean Army”.

76 = 1976

NA TO = (NATO) that means 7,62 mm NATO, chilean denomination of 7,62x51.

And green seal around the primer and bullet.

I hope this helps.

Greetings from Chile.

Claudio - is there any special reason why Chile chose to use the English Initials for NATO, rather than the Spanish “OTAN”? Just wondered. I know NATO is the norm, but there are Spanish speaking countries that call it “OTAN,” I believe.

John, are you maybe referring to France as OTAN is the French spelling?

France is one of them. In the Spanish Language, it should be the same, I think, basically, expressed in English “Organization Treaty (or some form of that word) Atlantic of the North.” It is not important - it was just a point of curiosity for me.

John, NATO (OTAN in Spanish) means “Organización del Tratado del Atlántico Norte”. In the case of Chile, I believe the adoption of the word NATO in the HS of cartridge 7.62, is due to designation of English (7,62mm NATO), but also used to differentiate it from 7,62x63 (30- 06 Spr) which is also manufactured by FAMAE, and was called 7,62mm NA (North American) .

I Hope this help you.

Cheers from Chile.

Claudio - Thank you. My curiosity is satisfied, and I leatned a little more in Spanish in the bargain. I appreciate your reply.