What should I call these TZZ 5,56mm?

The Fuchs reference lists SCAMP lines 20 and 21 and describes them as M193 types. If neither of you has any other ideas I will call them that. Sorry for the slight polishing but they were extremely grungy when I found them. Primer sealant either no color or not there. Non-magnetic projectile. Jacket looks like tombac.
Bought together with a mixed 5,56 lot of military surplus here in this country.
Soren

hello
these israeli 5.56 normaly have a purple sealant on primer
TZZ is for “military industries” in nazareth

Some years back, I acquired several hundred TZZ cases, and prize them highly. I have a heavy-barreled varmint rifle in .223, and I found that my standard load shoots significantly tighter groups when in the TZZ cases, so those are the only cases I use. No good reason I can think of for this, anyone have an idea? I doubt it is weight consistency, as the TZZ cases seem no better in that regard than any other cases.

If you are not turning the necks for uniformity, that it could be that the necks are simply more uniform in thickness that some other brands, causing less bullet run out. Just a guess. It can be other things.

The numbered headstamps were also used on large lots of IMI commercial ball with a 63 grain SP flat-base bullet. These rounds were far and away the most accurate in my Colt HBAR, both of my Steyr AUGs and even a Galil, all gone now, although the Galil was by far the least accurate of the four rifles. I never found any particular reason for the accuracy of this ammo, but I still probably have a lot of the empty cases kicking around. I fired a little over five thousand rounds of this ammunition over the time when I had the rifles and could get it. (Some had commercially-headstamped “IMI” cases as well - I don’t remember the ratio - but it was not haphazard. A full case had either one or the other headstamp style and were never mixed. It was good enough that the only rifle I handloaded the .223 for was my Sako HB Varmint Rifle, turned immediately upon purchase into a iron sight, stripper-clip-loading match rifle. I still have that rifle and will never sell it, even though I have not fired it in about five years. For our 100 and 200 yard ranges common to the area I live in, it was at no disadvantage to a .30 caliber rifle for known-distance, position shooting, and its short bolt throw and very light recoil made it very fast.

By and large, I never found IMI ammo to be “special” in any way. Some of it not even very good. But, this 223 was an exception, at least in my rifles.

Could well be more consistent case neck thickness. I have a case neck turner and a tubing wall thickness micrometer, but seldom use them. They are currently mainly reminders of my bench rest days of 30+ years ago. This rifle is a varmint rifle (Savage 112V), not bench rest, so I usually dispense with many of the rigorous procedures required of bench rest reloading. With my standard load in run-of-the-mill domestic .223 cases, it will typically shoot 5-shot 100 yard groups in the range of .75" to 1". With the TZZ cases, the norm is closer to 0.5" on a still day. Next time I load, I will get out my tubing wall micrometer and measure a sample to see just how consistent the TZZ necks are.

Dennis - it would be interesting. I never had these kind of tools - I couldn’t afford them. I do have a neck turning tool by Ferris Pindell. Like you, I don’t do bench-rest shooting anymore, only Cowboy Action Shooting, and you sure don’t need much case prep to shoot bullets into 12" to 16" steel targets at 35 yards and less.

Of course, accuracy is a important part of the study of ammunition so it would be interesting to find out why some of the IMI stuff was so accurate. In other calibers, I have had my ups and downs with their ammo.