What type of primer in NICO flare cartridges?

Fired cases in my collection ranges from "G-LOT 1/71 to just a big N (1999-2001) but all the primers have a (raised) star imprinted along the edge. Copper-coloured primers, green sealant. Is this a generic type or something made for these aluminum cartridges?
All cases from danish HMAK contracts.
Soren

Hi Søren
The “G”-cases are made by Alcan-Novalis, Göttingen, Germany.
“N”-cases are even from Alcan-Novalis, but from NICO contracts.
The “*”-primers are from DAG.

OK, I didn’t know they where made by third-party contractors… But what type are the primers, shotgun, modified Flobert? an M20 without it’s bullet fits, but sits a bit deep.
Soren

Mausernut, less a 3rd party than sheer necessity. Many small arms ammo manufacturers do not produce own primers. Also there are customer demands describing explicitly what components to use and from which maker.

I have a Nico Aluminium smoke signal cartridge case with the headstamp “VAW 10.14”.

Which company used this initial?

VAW = Vereinigte Aluminium-Werke AG, Grevenbroich

[quote=“EOD”]Mausernut, less a 3rd party than sheer necessity. Many small arms ammo manufacturers do not produce own primers. Also there are customer demands describing explicitly what components to use and from which maker.[/quote]Ok I see what you mean. It’s just me getting a bit nitpicking when I try to finish a data sheet on an item i the collection… :-)
Soren

Thanks Defender. Do you know what the “10.14” means?

I’ve asked someone with more detailed knowledge: they are originally shotshell primers.

Is 14 correct? I suspect it will be 74.
From the same source like the answer above: No numbers higher than 12 are known, it can therefore be assumed that the 10 stands for october.

I checked again, it is 74 and not 14. Thanks for your replies.