What's a reasonable price for 14.5mm russian and 15mm besa?

I found a seller with some, but think they are asking too much $100 and $120 respectively.

Live rounds.

It depends on the variation. At least the 14.5x114 seems to be way overpriced.

It also depends on where you live!

Cheers,
Lew

[quote=“Lew”]It also depends on where you live!

Cheers,
Lew[/quote]

Good point. Updated my profile with location.

The prices were internet vendor here in the US.

I’ve never seen live rounds at any of the local gun shows I’ve been to, or on GunBroker. I haven’t made it to Big Sandy or Knob Creek shoots. I bet there would be some there, or at SLICS.

Hello,
Not sure it can help because I’m living in europe…
A couple years ago, I bought :
a 14,5 russian API headstamped: 3 * 44 , for 38€
a 15 mm besa AP headstamped: 24 Z 40 15mmM38 , for 31€ ( czech variation)
Laurent

There have been some live blanks with purplish shell cases on GB cheep.

Jason

My take on the Russian is $25 to $50 & the Besa $75-$150 depending on the variation. Show in Phoenix, the December(?) SAR show ought to provide some to buy, at least the14.5 as any 15mm Besa is much harder to find.
edited to add yes to SLICS, very likely, but at the Big Sandy ? I just don’t know as most guys want to just shoot it!

It really depends on the cartridge in question. When I was on a bent to collect 14.5 about 5 years ago $50 was about the max I would pay for a common variation. I think I sold my last 14.5, a typical Soviet LS cased API from 1977 this year for about $75. I feel like I got a premium for it… For $100 it better be a rare specimen in mint condition… But prices on everything have gone up and some collector cartridge sellers think everything they have for sale is made of gold…

AKMS

I got a nice clean 14.5mm recently for $25.

You can get a live round of 15mm Besa AP W.I.Z. (The most common loading) at shows here in the UK for about £50. However I would think they attract higher prices in the USA.

Did any of the surplus companies ever import them?

Not knowing anything else, what is worth more?

Black lacquer
Green lacquer
Copper washed?

[quote=“jestertoo”]Not knowing anything else, what is worth more?

Black lacquer
Green lacquer
Copper washed?[/quote]

You mean 14.5x114 now?

[quote=“EOD”][quote=“jestertoo”]Not knowing anything else, what is worth more?

Black lacquer
Green lacquer
Copper washed?[/quote]

You mean 14.5x114 now?[/quote]

Affirmative. Thanks for clarifying.

My 2¢ on the 14.5 is that the only one of more value would be the early brass cased one made for the rifle.

Otherwise perhaps factory or loading might effect price.

Case finish is not usually a factor in value, at least to me, unless condition enters into it. Just who made it & when.

hello
i can have standard load (api and api-t)for 15$ (live)
an mdz would be more expensive aprox 50$
green and brown lacquered case ,brass washed steel and brass casing are the more common
copper washed case are more rare
black lacquered case ??? i never see these

I believe brass cased examples of 14.5x114 with 1940s dates on attract higher prices than later examples. These were made fro the PTRD and PTRS anti-tank rifles.

[quote=“ammogun”]hello
i can have standard load (api and api-t)for 15$ (live)
an mdz would be more expensive aprox 50$
green and brown lacquered case ,brass washed steel and brass casing are the more common
copper washed case are more rare
black lacquered case ??? i never see these[/quote]

Would you classify this as brown?

Brass cases were not all for the AT rifles! So the case material is no factor here (unless experimental aluminum cases from Hungary for example).

The value as in any other caliber depends on the headstamp, the manufacturer, the year, the case material and the load type (standard is API) or in the combination of these features.

Copper washed cases we know so far only from early North Korean production (these are scarce and all I know came from the US) and some Chinese dummies which have a color tone between brass and copper and might be some low quality coating.

Interesting pre 1945 ones might be:

• pre 1945 production in general
  • 1941 or even earlier production
  • all APIHC loads (usually between 1941 and 1944)
  • dummies pre 1945
  • scarce manufacturers pre 1945 like factory #46

Post 1945 there are plenty of variantions, manufacturers and countries involved. There are definately some very hard to find cartridges amongst.

yes
your picture show a dark brown case