Whisper series of wildcats

Perhaps Ray would be willing to expound at length on the Whisper series of wildcats - .300, 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm and who knows what others. I recently picked up an assortment of these and others in a collection, and was somewhat dumbfounded when I laid them out on the desk. Here’s a somewhat poor quality picture that hopefully will warm his heart. I believe the Whispers are the 4 on the left.

I’m not sure about the others, except the second from the right, which may appears to be a .17 Remington, and the last one, which was identiofied as a .22 JD Jones.

Guy

You give me more credit than I deserve. While I do have a repuation as somewhat of a BSer, no one can expound on the JDJ cartridges like JD hisself.

sskindustries.com/cartridges.htm

It looks like the 4 on the left are indeed the 6mm, 6.5mm, 7mm, and 300 Whisper. On the right looks like a 7mm JDJ, I believe, not a 22. A typo?

My SWAG on the others are a 6PPC, a 6mm/220 Russian (ready for fire-forming to 6PPC?), a 22PPC, and a 17 Rem.

How many did I get wrong?

Ray

Ray
I had only the Whispers positively identified. I appreciate your ids on the others. I need to get myself a good wildcat book, if such a book exists, as my wildcats are starting to accumulate.
Thanks.

For the original JDJ-series, J.D. Jones wrote a good article on the topic that can be found in “Cartridges of the World” (6th Ed).