Who knows the source of these photos?

I found these photos by google, and want to know their origin.

I do not know WHO did them but on photo is caseless cartridge DM-11 (latest design) for rifle H&K G-11.

Dis I miss something all the years or is that primer behind the projectile something that does not belong there?

What happens to the white plastic retainer (I assume) in front of the bullet when the cartridge is fired?

Plastic forward cap guides bullet to the barrel, secures internal part of the cartridge from the dust and liquid and providing forward end obturation in initial stage of shot. When temperature and pressure rise it burn out.

What is the meaning of blue paint?
The DM-11’s manufacturing costs lower than the 5.56 NATO?

[quote=“tiengulden”]What is the meaning of blue paint?
The DM-11’s manufacturing costs lower than the 5.56 NATO?[/quote]

molybdenum coating on bullet. in final caseless ammo should be lesser cost than conventional ammo. but in practic it was more expensive.

Sorry to come back again but is there anything to be said on that strange primer?

Oh sorry I thought I answered this question but I didn’t… It’s not strange primer. On some stages of development primer charge was covered by tiny copper cap. Nothing remains after shot or rest part will be expelled through the bore.

Thanks Yuri!

The copper cup contains the booster. The primer initiates it and the projectile is moved into the barrel and seals it as the propellant ignites. For what its worth, as pictured, the booster cup is facing the wrong way - the open end is towards the primer.