Who made this British 15x104mm BESA MG steel belt?

Who made this British 15x104mm BESA MG steel belt?

This 25 round 15mm BESA belt has a starter tab which is stamped with the broad arrow property mark and what appears to be a lady swinging on a trapeze. I have included a standard 7.9x57mm MG 37 belt in the scan to indicate scale. The second scan is an enlargement of the markings.

Does anyone know which manufacturers trade mark the lady represents?

gravelbelly

[quote=“gravelbelly”]Who made this British 15x104mm BESA MG steel belt?

This 25 round 15mm BESA belt has a starter tab which is stamped with the broad arrow property mark and what appears to be a lady swinging on a trapeze. I have included a standard 7.9x57mm MG 37 belt in the scan to indicate scale. The second scan is an enlargement of the markings.

Does anyone know which manufacturers trade mark the lady represents?

gravelbelly[/quote]

I posted this query some time ago and am surprised that no one has at least made a guess. After all, a woman on a trapeze is a little unusual for a trademark. Am I going to have to mention beer in order to get a response again? Seriously, it is a nice belt and it deserves its identity to be recognised.

gravelbelly

Beer! Where?

Oh drat, there is no beer is there? I’m going to quit reading your posts gravelbelly. ;) ;)

I have no idea who the lady is either. Do you think she’s real? Maybe trench art?

Ray

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]Beer! Where?

Oh drat, there is no beer is there? I’m going to quit reading your posts gravelbelly. ;) ;)

I have no idea who the lady is either. Do you think she’s real? Maybe trench art?

Ray[/quote]

Ray,

It sounds as if your craving for beer is stronger than my clips “fetish”. Anyway, the trademark is crisp and clear, better than it looks in the scan, and definitely original to the belt, not “trench art”. I rubbed ink into the marks for the scan. This belt came from Herb Woodend’s collection but, unfortunately, his notes didn’t come with it. If you tap me on the shoulder in Walenstadt next month, with answers to some of my questions, you get your beer.

gravelbelly

[quote=“gravelbelly”]
After all, a woman on a trapeze is a little unusual for a trademark.

gravelbelly[/quote]

Gravelbelly, you think this is curious? Then you should see the Church logo on German MG3 belts being supplied by a VATIKAN owned company. Yes, the VATIKAN is still making businss with the death.

Interesting,what kind of ammo does the vatikan make?

Pivi, as said above they make machine gun belts, no ammo.

I am not trying to expand the coverage of this thread, but I just feel that I should mention that while the Citt

“VATIKAN”

pict from my collection

regards
Gyrojet