Who was "MUN. WERKE SCHOENEBECK A/E"?

I came across a headstamp on a cal4 (26.5mm) flare gun case.
Here the image from the Spanish “Municion.org”:
municion.org/semi/MunWerke4G.jpg

As I have no entry on the naming “MUN. WERKE SCHOENEBECK A/E” for the S&B factory at Schönebeck I am trying to get behind this name as there were several (4) ammunition related factories in Schönebeck.
Anybody here to clarify and give a lead for further research?

Hi Alex

You can read about Munitionswerke Schönebeck in the book: Sonderdruck von ECRA 2003 “Der munitionsverband”. The compagny was sold to Lignose in 1920. You can have a look in the book tomorrow if you want?
Lars

The only sure thing I know is that Munitionswerke Schönebeck Otto Allendorf was a company totally different for S&B Schönebeck. There were advertisements by both companies in the same issue of journals.

Otto Allendorf (born 1841 in Schönebeck; died 1912) around 1870 founded a brewery (Kaiserbrauerei) there, together with his brother Paul.
In 1903 a Sprengstoff und Patronenfabrik A & W Allendorf was erected, first limited to primers and blasting caps, later also producing TNT for the military as well as commercial blasting explosives Aldorfit and Dorfit. (Zeitschrift für das gesamte Schieß- und Sprengstoffwesen, July 1912)

In 1913 the company was sold by his two sons Otto and Willi to Lignose. (Reported in August 1913 issue of Zeitschrift für das gesamte Schieß- und Sprengstoffwesen) I assume this deal included Munitionswerke, although it is not mentioned.

A note I once took at at Kreismuseum Schönebeck says:
Lignose, Abteilung Munition: Welsleber Straße 25
Lignose, Abteilung Sprengstoff: Magdeburger Straße 85

According to the book Explosivstoffabriken in Deutschland by Friedrich Trimborn 1995, Allendorf bought the bankrupt “Norddeutsche Munitionsfabrik” and continued it as “Munitionswerke Schönebeck” from 1902 onwards.

[quote=“m89”]Hi Alex

You can read about Munitionswerke Schönebeck in the book: Sonderdruck von ECRA 2003 “Der munitionsverband”. The compagny was sold to Lignose in 1920. You can have a look in the book tomorrow if you want?
Lars[/quote]

Lars, yes, please bring it along. I gave my copy away long before I dared to care for such things.

JPeelen, thanks a lot for the right lead now!
I have Trimmborn on my “to do” list and shall get there then.
Good to know I was not way off and missed an S&B naming after such a long time of research i did.