Wiliamsport, PA Cartridge Show pictures

The Williamsport show was fantastic. If the photos seem out of order, it is because I am not really familiar with photobucket. This is almost my first time dealing with them. I took a lot of pictures of the tables and contents for those folks who might not could get to the show but would want to see more details of what was there. I am a new cartridge collector and find this new hobby mesmerizing. Since I don’t really know the people very well, I tried not to show faces without their (implied) permission. I remotely dumped the photos to my friend in Mississippi and we spent 2 hours discussing the details. NOW I see far more in the photos that I did not see when looking at the table. For a new guy, the number of cartridges out there is brain dump overload and after a short time at the show, I can barely remember what I have seen.

Hopefully below, there is one picture and then a link to the album on photobucket. Here goes…
My tremendous thanks to all of you who so patiently explained so many things. I ESPECIALLY thank all of you collectors who when it comes to tallying up the total, cannot seem to add as high as I did for the pile of nifty stuff. “Let’s see…13 X $1 plus 7 x $2 uh… $20 ok?” I tend to spend all money I have after leaving toll money hidden in the car so I can make it home. I brought a friend for his first show and he flipped out as well.

Thanks!
Smitty (munitionguy)

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/Smitty56/2010%20Williamsport%20PA%20Cartridge%20Show/

There are over 120 images or so from this show at the photobucket link below. http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/Smitty56/2010%20Williamsport%20PA%20Cartridge%20Show/

Thanks munitionguy for this pict’s…

regards
gyrojet

Is that Mr. Randall Walti holding the rocket? Smitty, you are a better photographer than I.

Smitty - Great Job. Thanks for sharing these.

Vlad - there is nothing wrong with your pictures! Thank you, too, for sharing yours with all of us.

John Moss

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Smitty - Great Job. Thanks for sharing these.

Vlad - there is nothing wrong with your pictures! Thank you, too, for sharing yours with all of us.

John Moss[/quote]

Vlad,
I second John’s comments above. Every picture tells a story. I would say the vast majority of IAA members cannot travel to very many shows. Every picture gives a clue to what it was like to be there. At my first show last year, you took my picture and I didn’t even know they allowed cameras in the place. (my high security gun show mentality)
My good friend in Mississippi had yet to make it to a show because he was sick and missed SLICS. I copied all the pictures I took to his local computer via some helpdesk tools I have and we spent 3 hours on the phone chatting about every detail of every picture. The people are great and it’s a lot of fun. I felt like Friday in Williamsport was Christmas. :) I am sorry we could not see each other on Friday but hopefully you can come to Denver, PA on Friday, Aug 13th?
Smitty (munitionguy)

That is Randall holding the 4.5 rocket. And that large gray projectile farther down is also his. You should have seen him packing it all in his little girly Miata! I won’t even try to explain where he put the rocket, but it didn’t fit into the trunk!

I enjoy everyone’s photos. My friends tell me they enjoy mine too, the best part being that I am not in any of them. ;)

Only remotely related but kind of funny - my older brother used to travel a lot and he always brought back the greatest photos, mostly colored slides (for those of you old enough to remember those.) Everybody thought he was the greatest photographer in the whole danged world. Then one day he confessed. He told us he didn’t know an F Stop from a bus stop and bought all of those great slides at gift shops.

So, if you guys don’t mind I think I will emulate my bro and copy all of your great photos and show them to my other friends and tell them what a great time I had at the PA Cartridge Show.

Only kidding, but keep them coming. Some of them I really do copy and keep in my files.

Ray

Thanks enjoyed all the photos in the photo bucket link. Only wish I could have been there

whose table is this??:

I wanna buy these sectioned floberts!!

Where are the sectioned Floberts? I could not tell you.
I went back and looked at the 130 shots I took and I could not figure a sequence where as to give a clue. A lot were shot out of order of tables.
If I were guessing? I would say "far aisle, right hand side, 1/2 way down on the right.
I went to the first show and found out that you could bring a camera to the show, unlike all the gun shows I have been to.
I went to this show, my second, and after spending all the cash I brought, I came back after lunch and took pictures. I was trying not to invade people’s privacy and mainly just took pictures of ammo on the table.
Next time, I will try to take more wide shots and a shot of every table as well as as many closeups as I can.
I am now under the impression that distant people enjoy the closeups so as to see what was on the table and the prices?
If I am still welcome, I will take lots of pictures at Denver in August.
Thanks,
Smitty (munitionsguy)

Aaron, why don’t you give the Hummer a spin and come visit us in PA in August? I promise to cut up a bunch of Floberts for the occasion!!!

[quote=“munitionguy”]Where are the sectioned Floberts? I could not tell you.
I went back and looked at the 130 shots I took and I could not figure a sequence where as to give a clue. A lot were shot out of order of tables.
If I were guessing? I would say "far aisle, right hand side, 1/2 way down on the right.
I went to the first show and found out that you could bring a camera to the show, unlike all the gun shows I have been to.
I went to this show, my second, and after spending all the cash I brought, I came back after lunch and took pictures. I was trying not to invade people’s privacy and mainly just took pictures of ammo on the table.
Next time, I will try to take more wide shots and a shot of every table as well as as many closeups as I can.
I am now under the impression that distant people enjoy the closeups so as to see what was on the table and the prices?
If I am still welcome, I will take lots of pictures at Denver in August.
Thanks,
Smitty (munitionsguy)[/quote]

Smitty,

http://s966.photobucket.com/albums/ae141/Smitty56/2010%20Williamsport%20PA%20Cartridge%20Show/?start=40

here are the two pictures of that (bottom left two pictures) I also would like the have that 6mm or 7mm single charge flobert shot with the light blue hull in the second pic (on photobucket, it wasn’t posted here)

Did Vic Engel have a table there? or just host it? It could very possibly be his since he is big into floberts?

Vlad,

I will more than likely be there! Cut a couple pinfires in half for me too! =)

Aaron, make sure you say Hello!

Vic had a few tables along one side, mainly with unsold lots from his recent auction.