Winchester 9mm Parabellum for sub-machine guns box

Although I’m not into pistol caliber cartridges I thought this box was interesting and maybe one of the 9mm collectors might like to see it. But maybe it is a comon item, I don’t know.

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt … =259736016

Nice boxes.I have some for sale on Auctionarms. Most likely for Sten gun use although a 9mm Thompson was made but not adopted by the US.

These boxes are for the British contract let in 1940, pre Lend Lease. Proof and dummy boxes are shown below. I have just written an article for the IAA Journal on British purchases in America in the early part of WW2 which should be published in the spring.

Regards
TonyE

These boxes and rounds are pretty common in the UK, I have had quite a few pass through my hands. The 64 round quantity equates to two STEN gun magazines. The dummy rounds have blind primer pockets and a blackened case but the staining wears off easily.

gravelbelly

Gravelbelly - if you ever find a duplicate of the “Dummy” overlabeled box - well let’s just say I have the ball boxes, and the proof box, but not the one for the dummies. Empty would be fine.
:-) Yes, I have no shame.

[quote=“JohnMoss”]Gravelbelly - if you ever find a duplicate of the “Dummy” overlabeled box - well let’s just say I have the ball boxes, and the proof box, but not the one for the dummies. Empty would be fine.
:-) Yes, I have no shame.[/quote]

Hello shameless John:-)

Sorry, I have a few spare dummies lying around here somewhere but no box for them. However, if I come across one in the future your name heads the list.

gravelbelly