Winchester headstamps

I am sure this has already been discussed somewhere, but I can’t locate the old threads

I would like to know when Winchester introduced and gave up the following headstamps

W.R.A.Co
W.R.A
W - W
W-W SUPER
WINCHESTER

Thanks

[quote=“Pivi”]I am sure this has already been discussed somewhere, but I can’t locate the old threads

I would like to know when Winchester introduced and gave up the following headstamps

W.R.A.Co
W.R.A
W - W
W-W SUPER
WINCHESTER

Thanks[/quote]
Pivi, Winchester had a raised W on rimfires back in the 1870’s but, only for about a year I believe. I am sure you are asking about more modern ammo ? M. Rea

Yes, I am interested to CF ammo. Anyway any added info about the various hds on rimfires would be highly appreciated

Pivi–The dates for W.R.A.Co. and W.R.A. are from Dan Shuey’s book “W.R.A.Co.” and should be accurate. Most of the other dates are approximate based on my memory.

W.R.A.Co--------1878-1931 but used non a few loads to about 1937. Last known use was 1954 on 7.62x54R Russian.
W.R.A------------1930-circa 1960
W - W------------ca.1960 to about 1990, but mostly ca.1960-mid-1970’s
W-W SUPER-----ca.1975 to ca.1985
WINCHESTER----ca. 1985 to now. Mostly on larger rifle cartridges
WIN--------------ca. 1985 to now. Mostly on pistol and revolver.
SUPER SPEED—1933 to ca.1960

Ron, can you also show what date ranges are listed for “Super-X” and “W-Super-W” headstamps?

Thanks

DKConfigration–Super-X would be about the same as Super Speed. W-SUPER-W is contemporary with the standard W-W SUPER, except, as I understand it, the cases were made (and maybe even loaded) by some other company for Winchester.

Also, as everyone probably knows, Super-X was Western and Super Speed was Winchester.