The W.R.A. Co. Protected Point Bullet was one of the early patented hunting bullets used by U.S. ammuntion manufacturers. It consisted of a standard pointed soft point covered by a thin copper cap. The cap had three fingers on the base which were inserted inside the jacket prior to final swaging. The cap also had three triangular notches through which core material was extruded during swaging, thus locking it to the core and jacket. Early forms used a tin-plated tip while later versions eliminated the plating.
HS on this example is W.R.A.CO. 30 G. 1906.