WWII US Navy upside down ammo

Sorry, I did not know how to put it succinctly but was it OK (i.e. normal, allowed, not against Navy regulations) to suspend ammo in this manner under a wing?

yep

This looks like a Korean War vintage photo taken on a carrier.

Those were all straight deck carriers, and normally the aircraft about to be launched would be parked on the rear part of the flight deck, with wings folded to take up less space. Before being staged at that location, they would have been loaded with the ordnance scheduled for use on the missions coming up, probably taking several hours to get some 30-40 aircraft loaded. After loading, each aircraft would fold their wings and be moved back to the staging area until all aircraft were loaded and ready to launch.

Nice photo showing a real mix of ordnance, which I cannot identify, but I am sure others can.

Did a little research:

The missiles may be 5-Inch HVAR (High-Velocity Aircraft Rocket), nicknamed 5 inch Holy Moses HVAR. Developed during WW2 and also used in Korea.

The bombs appear to have a type of fuze extension (the long rod sticking out from the bomb fuzes). When the bombs are released the fuze wind vane arms the fuze and the bombs also attain a nose first attitude.
The fuze extension makes first contact the ground which instantaneously detonates the bomb, slightly above the ground surface. This maximizes the blast effect of the bomb to the surrounding area and not as much to the ground.

I’m more interested in the can labeled “h 2 agsk g 1 pcht”

Second part of the marking G1 PCHT probably refers to the G1 cargo parachute, but I have no idea what the cargo might be that is in the canister.

More info on the chute at
http://philippe.chapill.pagesperso-orange.fr/parachute%20G1.htm