X-Ray images

Last week I was given some excellent x-rays. By having a diffuse light source behind the film I was able to take some pictures.

The quality of the x-ray images are remarkable (these pictures do not do them justice). Examples:

1. the solder in the weep hole of the 7.9mm PmK is visible (picture 2).
  2. the shadow of the headstamp is visible on one of the 12 ga shotshells (picture 4).

While some of the rounds are easily identifiable (Karcher, Greener triplex, flechettes, Japanese 7.7mm Explosive), other have me stumped! There are some interesting patent ignition rounds.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8

Picture 9

Picture 10

Picture 11

Picture 12

Picture 13

Picture 14

Picture 15

Picture 16

Picture 17

Picture 18

Picture 19

And some electrical fuses (I think):

Paul

Awesome stuff!

Here’s some 50 BMG xrays we did when verifying some Mk211 rounds.

Paul
photo 18 2 & 3 look like CF 22 LR though #4 looks like a blank & I’m not aware that such was ever made, just ball on solid & HP, on 2nd thought they look like Benet primed .45-70 Govt. as noted below the object size confuses me, but the blank sure looks 45-70 & if 45-70 the the #1 on the right looks to be a 50-70 Treadwell patent variation with the case crimps, or perhaps a Benet primed.

Photo 19 looks to be a Karsher

Some of the other photos I think I might know but the object size confuses me, are all these as seen here life size?

photo 13, 2nd from left looks to be a bullet for a glass breakage test. & 3rd from left a 303 inc. load

photo 10 #'1 & 2 look like 52 Sharps & Hankins RF & #6 looks like a MK VI flea-O-flea