Xcaliber Ammo name change to Steinel

I saw today that Xcaliber ammo of Tionesta, Pennsylvania, known for manufacturing .458 SOCOM, 45-70, and 7.7 Arisaka among others, has changed it’s name to Steinel Ammunition. I am always very curious as to why these sorts of marketing decisions are made, particularly when this decision comes only a few months after they invested in having “Xcaliber” headstamped brass made for .458 SOCOM ( .458 SOCOM headstamps ). It’s certainly not the first time I have seen this sort of name switching though, as outfits like Fort Scott Munitions were simultaneously called “Velocity Tactics”, and Discreet Ballistics in NH used the APEX moniker (on their headstamped .300BLK). It can make things potentially confusing for collectors years down the road anyway. The owner, Andy Steinel responded to my question earlier today about the fate of Xcaliber headstamped .458 SOCOM by saying that they are now running Starline brass in lieu of Xcaliber brass, and that they intend to switch to Steinel brass in the future. Here is the message from Xcaliber’s Facebook post, which indicates that they wanted to better differentiate themselves from other “Xcaliber” entities in the firearms world, which I suppose would have to mean Xcaliber Barrels, and Xcaliber Firearms (silencer makers):

Dear XCaliber Shooters,

Over the past few months, there have been some significant changes at XCaliber Ammunition that I’m excited to tell you about.
XCaliber Ammunition started a little over three years ago out of the frustration in locating premium hard-to-find and big bore ammunition. However, over the past year, we have grown substantially, and it has become increasingly apparent that a change was needed.
XCaliber Ammunition has changed its name to Steinel Ammunition Co. to better differentiate our company and to separate us from the other companies using the name (or a variation of) XCaliber.
Steinel better symbolizes the quality, dedication, and craftsmanship built into every round we manufacture. Our brand’s new meaning, tagline, website (www.steinelammo.com), purpose, and logo align with what you’d expect from a Premium Ammunition Manufacturer.
You will still receive the same exact quality products, fast shipping, world-class service, and sales support as always.
Please contact us through our new website at www.steinelammo.com if you have any questions or concerns. As always, stay updated on new calibers and product offerings by subscribing to our newsletter, following us on our Facebook page and on Instagram.
— Andy Steinel, Founder and President