XM1152 Ball round for XM17/XM18 Modular Handgun System (MHS)

Hi,

What is the specification of the new 9mm FMJ US Army round, who manufacture it?
2017mhs.pdf (572.4 KB)

It seems like an odd ball, FMJ flat nose with 115 grs ball, and the US Army tests concluded, they have a lot of “stoppages” with it - most of the time, the slide failed to lock after users fired the last round in the magazine. They also have double-ejections issues with the new pistols.

Cheers,
Like9

Sounds like a combination of magazine issues and projectile shape

Winchester makes it, I believe. The competition required gun makers to pair up with ammunition suppliers (or supply their own) for the specific purpose of ensuring that there were no compatibility problems between gun and ammunition. So it seems rather bizarre that they should be having such problems at this stage.

I agree Tony
Very strange it does not now work with the ammunition it was to be tested & then accepted with.

I can only hazard the guess that perhaps like the M-16, someone decided to “improve” production or ?

I have read that there are other problems with the new pistols: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/02/02/us-armys-new-pistol-suffering-teething-troubles/

Thanks for posting that link Tony. I wish somebody was picking up those fired empties and mailing them to me!!! Or mailing them to anyone so we could at least see the headstamp image.

Lew