Xrays part 1 - 50cal 12.7x99

Took some xrays today… My Dr is a gun guy! :)

WALAP experimental and what looks to be a silvertip AP of some sort

And stole this image from Paul Smith since I forgot to photo it as we did it.

8 Likes

Excellent. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Excellent insight!
Wish I had such a doc near me!

hello
i just would know the material of the core of the two saboted rounds ?

the last round is DU (flechette with “ribs”)

i see a picture of similar round (the one with translucent sabot) and the seller says “the core is DU”

The APDS is labeled Tungsten.
The first flechette isn’t labeled but is headstampped LC77
The last is DU.

You could swallow small rounds or ‘insert’ larger ones and then present to the local emergency department. You would have some explaining to do but the end result would be the same!

1 Like

Any idea what the “WALAP” experimental is, or what WALAP stood for?

Just a reminder that dentists also have X-ray equipment (mine offered to do my ammo) and can also produce similar pictures (unless you bring naval rounds and alike).

Don’t think my female dentist in her 40s would be a fan if I brought ammo for her and her other (female) colleagues (in their 30s-40s) to x-ray.

But, I’m dating a dental student, so hopefully there will be some perks when she’s working ;-)

Ole

2 Likes

Ole,
don’t underestimate the ladies. I know a male biologist with a doctoral degree (professionally used to cut up dead animals) who is also a hunter and he freely admits that his female hunting companion really is much better at field dressing killed game than he is.

1 Like

WALAP-Winchester Anti Light Armor Piercing

Winchester’s attempt at developing a Multi-Purpose round to compete with Raufoss. Brochures showed them as Yellow tip, but anybody’s guess. Didn’t go anywhere. Dollar short and a day late to the dance.

2 Likes