Yugo. Board

Just got this interesting board at the Williamsport show. The latest headstamp is dated 1982. That would make it Yugoslavian, but labeled in non-Cyrillic Serbo-Croatian. If that is correct, can anyone provide a bit of translation help? I will probably try to refill the empty places, but there is one spot I want to confirm. The existing 7.62x39 LS-cased blank and the empty 7.62 TT blank space are both designated M68 “Manevarski”. As I know of no steel-cased Yugoslav 7.62x25 rounds, would I be correct in assuming I am simply missing a Yugo. brass-cased blank?
Any other info on this board would be greatly appreciated.

nice find jon.
what are the headstamps on the 7.62x39mms? especially the steel case ball round.

russ

From the left: 1981, nny 1977-4, nny 1, nny 1979, nny, nny 1976, 1982, nny 1980, nn 19.
I hope that helps a bit.

hi jon
thanks for the headstamps.
the steel case 7.62x39mm with the nny 1977-y headstamp- the year on this headstamp style was not know before.

russ

I think I have all the replacement bits now, except the 7.62x25 Blank rounds. Any help with a source would be appreciated.

Manevarski means blank, a firing blank with no projectile, and skolski appears to mean “of school, training” which I take to mean totally inert non firing blank, dummy. These are my suppositions based upon language’s close resemblance to Russian, so I may be wrong.

Yes, you’re right, but I have that info. Just need the Tokarev blanks at this point.

It’s been a while since I first posted this board. This is now the current state of restoration. I have a plastic-filled Tokarev dummy to attach but I’m waiting until I get another to have sectioned. Still no hint of what a Yugoslav Tokarev blank even looks like, let alone have any spares to mount or section. Still looking for them.

I would still love to know the origin of this board. Is it factory, Serbian, Croatian, other, official, from a Yugoslav collector? The headstamps all seem to be Prvi Partizan (nny) but the labels are not in Cyrillic,
Thoughts or ideas?

From Wikipedia:

Cro·a·tian
the South Slavic language of the Croats, almost identical to Serbian but written in the Roman alphabet.

So it is probably Croatian, maybe…

That I knew, thus the question.

I think this is why the language is called Serbo-Croatian.
And it exists in Latin and Cyrillic.
Odd is that within the Yugoslav military ammunition and all equipment is marked in Cyrillic but technical manuals are written in Latin.

To what I know today Croatia is using only Latin and Serbia is using only Cyrillic.

I’d bet on some kind of military training board, because the ammo is not super rare. the cutouts made to show the inside and the signs and the board itself are well done to be displayed in public. Everything is spaced and labeled for a large public display.,

“Odd is that within the Yugoslav military ammunition and all equipment is marked in Cyrillic but technical manuals are written in Latin”

That is truly odd and interesting.

To simple minded people like me it is even confusing! :)