Yugoslavian "V I" headstamp

Can anyone confirm the meaning of the “V I” (“В И” in Serbian cyrillic) headstamp found in 7.9x57 cartridges made in 1940 and 1941? This headstamp co-existed with the “V T Z” (“В Т З” in Serbian cyrillic) headstamp made until 1941, that is the last known production date before the dissolution of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

The only meaning that comes to mind mind would be “Vojna Industrija” (Military Industry).

Now that I have researched I little more I think it may have been Visegrad Industry “Stankovic”.

Regards,

Fede

Fede

HS 1940 В И it`s ------------- “Višegradska industrija inž.Stanković AD” -Višegrad. 1941 the company changed its seat and the name changed, but the initials remained. — "Valjevska industrija inž.Stankovića AD "–Valjevo. HS. 1941 В И. Both cities lie on the borderland of Serbia - Bosnia-Hercegovina. Because of problems with the authorities of Inz. Stankovic moved the factory from Visegrad to Valjevo. The abbreviation “Vistad” was also used.

Best

R$ufus

Rufus, thanks for the help. I found a previous discussion about this headstamp (Early Yugoslavian headstamp origins) and also the history of the Stankovic factory. What I’m trying to confirm is if they actually made the cartridges headstamped “V I”.

Regards,

Fede